The teaching practice is the peak to the teacher training program. Its aim is to provide opportunity to the students to apply the knowledge obtained within the real classroom environment.Start from 2008 / 2009 intake session, student will undergo practicum training in Semester 7 studies.
INTRODUCTION TO CAREER WORLD
- To implement the teaching and learning practice in schools within the context of real situation.
- Tp provide opportunities to the teacher trainees, to apply the knowledge learnt at UPSI which also forms part condition for graduation.
- To provide opportunities for the trainees, to apply the teaching and learning theory learnt at UPSI to enable them to be teachers of quality, broad minded, practical and are able to fulfill education philosophy which is :
“A teacher who is of fine character, progressive and rational, upholds the national aspiration, belives in individual development and in am integrated, democratic and disciplined siciety”
The UPSI Practicum was established to give opportunity to the trainee teachers to :
- Practise the skills in planning the teaching preparation and the skills in teaching;
- Practise various approaches, methods and strategies and techniques in the teaching and learning;
- Promote learning through the integration of theory and practice within the real situation;
- Exprience interaction with other members of the community, in particular, those within the school environment;
- build up the skills, attitude, personality, self confidence and promote determination in practicing the professional teaching values;
- Promote self evaluation as a work culture in the teaching professional;
- Apply the skills in planning and to perform the curricular activities of the pupils;
- broaden the experience and skills for for classroom application.
Teaching Practice Period
- Student who have never been teachers will do teaching practice for a period of 16 weeks;
- Diploma Education Students will do teaching practice for a time period of 12 weeks.
Teaching Practice Placement
The placement of students for teacher training is decided by the Coordinator at the Faculty level within 6 states determined by the University, which are Perak, Selangor / Kuala Lumpur, Pahang, Melaka and Negeri Sembilan.
There is possibility of students being placed in order states with the approval of Deputy Vice Canselor (Academic & International).
Registration of Placement
Student are required to register for the course with the Academic Division before making a teaching practice placement registration to this unit.
The teaching practice MUST be postponed to the following session for a valid reason, for example because of pregnancy, illness, accident etc.
Teaching Practice and Industrial Training Unit
Level 3, Chancellery Building,
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
35900 Tanjong Malim,
Perak Darul Ridzuan
Fax : 605-4585261
Website : http://praktikum.upsi.edu.my